There's the one someone made for me, with a picture of my husband and I at the beach, looking particularly in love.
There's the bookmarks from different retreats I've been on.
There's some freebee bookmarks from bookstores, and a couple of just because bookmarks I've probably gotten in my Christmas stocking over the years.
I wonder though, why I found these in a box on a shelf? Shouldn't they be, oh I don't know, in a book? Marking something like, oh I don't know, where I should start reading again.
Heaven knows, I'm reading at least 4 books at any given time, in addition to the instant download gratification books I'm reading on my electronic e-readie gizmo thing-a-mabob. ( I did discover, when the power is out, and your e-reader's battery dies, it's good to have a physical book backup)
Here's what the books I'm currently reading are marked with:
- Last weeks grocery list
- A receipt from the paint store dated Mar 2010
- Laying open, spine up, on the nightstand
- The instructions for my new alarm clock
- a pen.
- a business card from a cutie little art gallery.
- Not be such a hoarder of stuff I never use
- Surrounding myself only with things that make me happy.