Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Let's see, where was I??

About a week ago, I boldly proclaimed, in writing, that by the end of the next day, I would have touched every piece of paper in my home. 

Then came "An abrupt change of plans."  Life came to a screeching halt the next few days as we worked through our shock at the loss of our friend and as we nursed our first grader back to health.  She went back to school on Friday, and I started sneezing as the school bus pulled away.

I'm not one to get sick.  Rarely do.  But, my daughter needed a great deal of snuggling as she dealt with the fever and sore throat she had.  It was inevitable.

Funny, nobody wanted to snuggle with me over the weekend as I dealt with my fever and sore throat.  Might have something to do with the fact I hid myself away in the bedroom for most of that time and groaned if anyone came in. 

I did however, get twelve whole hours of sleep, all in a row.  So there is a silver lining to being sick.  And the sick fairies were working it for me, since I didn't get sick until the weekend, when my husband was home to take over the child rearing and child feeding and child chauffeuring. 

In fact, all in all it was a rather peaceful weekend for me.  Very nice indeed. 

Vacation is over though, cause that pile of papers in "the studio" (my mom cave) is still rather strewn about.  And I have a sinking feeling the light bill is in there somewhere.  So, by end of business tomorrow....wait, wait, not sure I want to make such a bold proclamation again.  Oh what the heck, by the end of business tomorrow, that pile shall be disappeared !! 

No really.  This time I mean it.  I can't wait to post the after picture.  No way am I posting the before picture.  Way to ashamed at the mess.  Way...

No comments:

Post a Comment